Friday, November 4, 2011

Getting Back on Track

             This week was better for me.  At QAA I painted an opera singer.  Ironically, I failed to paint her mouth.  This may have been a subconscious effort to get her to stop talking!  I mentioned before that the artists at QAA often engage in conversation with the model.  During this hour and a half session, I learned the life story of the model.  She, indeed, was very interesting, but I'd rather her talk at the break, and not during the pose!!!


              Admittedly, I like the composition, and it was a decent start.  Oil on canvas board, no medium.

              At John's, I achieved the best likeness of the model to date.  Her eyes are a bit cartoonish, but overall I was pleased.  I wanted a good composition for this study:


Charcoal on newsprint.  



No comments:

Post a Comment