Thursday, July 11, 2013

Spring and Summer Work

Finally the 2012-13 school year ended, and I am able to focus more on my artwork.  I had such a stressful year with more students than I could handle (12 over contract), and didn't have much time to do much of anything else besides grade papers.  The only artwork I worked on was my Dante Bargue, which remains incomplete, and a figure with Emmy at ARA.  I did not attend any QAA drop-ins, but I have been able to go to two during the month of July.  

The first drawing is from a 10 week pose at ARA under the fabulous instruction of Emmy De Musis.  I was only able to attend 7 of the 10 classes, because I had taken 15 adolescent deities to Italy during April vacation.  I was able to achieve a pretty decent cartoon in this amount of time:


(graphite on Arches)

QAA is currently doing a long pose for the month of July.  I am stuck with the same view of the model, so my two drawings look similar, but in the first I focused on the head, and the second, the torso.  Perhaps next week I will work on her legs!

Drawing 1:                                                                


Drawing 2:


 (vine charcoal on charcoal paper)

Yesterday, I spent the day putting clay on my friend Victor's skull.  Well, not Victor's own personal skull, but on a great replica he so kindly lent me.  This was a great exercise, and I may continue to work on it some more.  Obviously it is not perfect, but I used only a plastic fork and my hands as tools.  I wasn't looking for perfection.  I merely wanted to learn more about muscles on the head.


(Prima Plastilina)


No comments:

Post a Comment