Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Angela: 60 Hour Pose

Angela:


This year we had a model for one 30 hour term, where I competed a decent construct. This model, however, quit modeling at the end of the term.
Angela stepped in and was able to model for approximately 60 hours during the course of two terms. I missed one session and she missed one or two. I felt the time was sufficient to create a cartoon and to begin to render a portion of the figure. What my drawing lacks is subtle transitions. This seems to be the struggle as there is only a certain amount of time in front of the model. I find it much too challenging to work on anything other than filling in values when the model is not in front of me. Even stretching out a value to achieve a transition is useless for me when I am not looking at something. I have attempted this, but I am always wrong! I found Angela to be a great model. She stayed in position well, though her tilt was off by the last few pose sessions. No one complained, and I was able to work around it. I found her head to be very difficult, because, first, it is small, and secondly, her head was almost completely in the dark. My binoculars were not helpful. I have been searching for a decent set, but to no avail. Thanks to Emmy for another great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment