Monday, July 31, 2017

Carlo Russo's Floral Painting Workshop at ARA

Two day painting, after attempting to paint some roses during the first two days of Carlo's workshop:


The photo of this painting is terrible. Oil on linen.

I need to paint over the summer, and the only option I had at ARA on account of my own schedule was Carlo Russo's Floral Painting Workshop. I did not think that I would enjoy painting flowers. I didn't, but I also didn't know that floral painting could be so complicated. I suppose I created a greater challenge for myself by trying to bring a rose to life for my first ever flower painting. Carlo said that roses are second in difficulty to peonies.

First day:

Second day:


Carlo is an excellent painter. I learned much, but I still do not like painting flowers. I will continue to do it though for practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment