Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday Work

I thought I would take advantage of my day off from school to attempt another exercise from Stern's How to See Color and Paint It. This activity was meant to convince the painter that there is no such thing as black. We were to take a 3" cube (5" in my case) and cover it in black. Primary colors were to surround it.  7 color statements were evident.   I still don't have the lighting thing down yet, but I'm working on it...


I have not been able to avoid contaminating one color with another, but I like the streaky effect. The author would reprimand me for this, but that is the beauty of doing these exercises without a teacher.

By the way, I realize my cube isn't exact, but I was more interested in the light and color statements than executing a perfect cube.

No comments:

Post a Comment