Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer Work: Week 2, Monday and Tuesday: Louboutin

              EXPERIMENT:  After strolling through Dick Blick, I decided to branch out and experiment with new materials.  I used a wood panel for support, which I liked, but need more practice using, and wax medium, which I loved.  Here is the result after a couple of hours:


              It isn't finished, but I think I am ready to move on to the next thing.  Obviously, the background needs work if I were to complete it.....

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the wax medium.  There is such a plethora of materials that I am overwhelmed!  Wax was suggested to me by artist, Victor, and Chris painted on a panel for a long pose.  Chris was using a bistre pigment and subtracting the light values with a cloth or brush and turpentine.  The result was sunning-a method I hope to attempt.

1 comment:

  1. By the way, the shoes aren't really Christian Louboutin, but I can dream, can't I? Nothing wrong with a little artistic license...

    ReplyDelete