Thursday, March 18, 2010

First Decent Abstract Painting

     Though I am moved by many abstract or expressionistic paintings, I never have been able to accomplish one in this style with which I have ever been pleased.  I find paint to be animated and willful, and I often contend with it to try to force it to do something it doesn't want to.  I always lose these battles.
    With my new appreciation for the palette knife, I was inspired to try again.  Here is the result:
      I have an affinity for the color choice, the movement, and the depth of this painting.  My brother and sister-in-law to be liked it so much, I decided to send it to them in Italy, where they are now living as an early wedding present.

1 comment:

  1. I like this one very much, you are so much less inhibited with the knife..

    ReplyDelete