Thursday, July 14, 2011

Still Life: Rouge Coco 19

             After a deliberating with instructor John, we decided I should complete some still life paintings.  I decided it would be fun to do a study of a lipstick.  I worked on this for 3 hours this morning:


     It still needs some work-a narrowing in of the black on the left side of the tube, and a tad of an extension on the right of the cap.  Also, perhaps the CC logo needs to adhere more to the shape of the cap. I think that is what I need to do.  Perhaps John or my mom could give me a advice, or help me with perspective.  In order to get the cap shape somewhat correct, I used a one point perspective, but obviously I did not wish the completed piece to be photo realistic.  The obstacle I encountered was that I couldn't exaggerate the cap and make it look authentic.  Any alterations I made it appear that I had no idea what I was doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment